There is no central office for vital records in Romania. To obtain copies of birth, marriage, divorce, or death records, write to the Civil Registration District Office in the Town Hall where the event occurred. Vital records are on file from 1865 and in many cases, from much earlier.
Does ancestry have records from Romania?
We believe our organization’s mission is unique. As family historians, we are learning together how to use records to trace our Romanian ancestry and to discover details about our ancestors’ lives, whether they lived in Romania or other parts of Europe, in the United States, or in Canada.
How do I get my Romanian birth certificate?
- 1 Call the Office of Vital Statistics. Call the Office of Vital Statistics (OVS) at the mayor’s office in the town in which you were born.
- 2 Ask. Ask for an authenticated copy of the birth certificate. …
- 3 Visit the website. …
- 4 Collect authenticated copies and pay fees.
- Have a parent who was a Romanian citizen at any point in their lifetime; or.
- Have a grandparent (any of four) who was a Romanian citizen at any point in their lifetime; or.
How do I find marriage records in Romania?
You need to go to the specific Town Hall where the certificate was issued. In Romania, there are 320 cities and over 2700 parishes (‘comune’) which can issue birth / marriage / death certificates and multilingual extracts.
How can I get my birth certificate in USA?
Birth Certificate Copies: Born in the U.S.
Contact the vital records office in the state or territory where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
How do I become a Romanian citizen by descent?
You can apply for Romanian Citizenship by Descent if you: