Requesting copies of WWII Draft Registration cards?

How can I get a copy of a draft card?

The letter and card are your Selective Service proof of registration. If you don’t receive the letter and card within 90 days, call 1-847-688-6888 and follow the prompts.

How do I find my ww2 draft cards?

The original draft cards are held by each state’s National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) Regional Branch. All of these cards are also available on microfilm from the Family History Library (FHL) and/or NARA.

How do I find old draft cards?

The complete series of draft registration cards for the World War II era,1940-1947, from Record Group 147, Records of the Selective Service System, has been scanned and transcribed. These nearly 38 million cards are available at

How do you find family members who fought in ww2 for free?

To find out if they have any information on your veteran, call them at 800-827-1000. If the Department of Veteran Affairs does not have any information you can try contacting the Veteran Affairs Insurance Center at 800-669-8477.

Does a WWII draft card mean they served?

Draft registrations are just that: registrations. There is a difference between registering for the draft, being drafted, and volunteering. Usually all men between a certain age were required to register when there was a draft registration.

What was the oldest age drafted in WWII?

On September 16, 1940, the United States instituted the Selective Training and Service Act of 1940, which required all men between the ages of 21 and 45 to register for the draft. This was the first peacetime draft in United States’ history.

How can I find my grandfather’s draft card?

The original draft cards are at the National Archives branch in Morrow, Georgia. World War I draft registrations are available online at,, and fold3. FamilySearch is the only one with free access (a personal subscription or library access is required for the others).

How do I find my father’s ww2 service records?

You can request a copy of the Veteran’s military records in any of these ways:

  1. Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). …
  2. Write a letter to the NPRC. …
  3. Visit the NPRC in person.
  4. Contact your state or county Veterans agency.

Related Post