How do I find death records in Chicago?
Copies of Death Certificates
- Location Title. Medical Records Department.
- Location Address. 2121 W Harrison, Chicago, IL 60612.
- Location Email. [email protected]
- Location Phone. 312-997-4425.
- Location Fax. 312-997-4400.
- Location Hours. Sunday: Closed. Monday: 7:00 am-3:00 pm. Tuesday: 7:00 am-3:00 pm.
Are death certificates public record?
Death certificates are public record, so any member of the public can obtain a copy at the city or town clerk’s office where the death occurred.
Can anyone get a copy of a death certificate in illinois?
Under state law, you may legally obtain a copy of a death certificate if you are a relative or can prove a financial interest in an individual’s death.
Who issues death certificates in illinois?
The Illinois Department of Public Health, Vital Records (Illinois Vital Records) issues certified copies of Illinois birth certificates and Illinois death certificates for events which occurred within the State of Illinois. You may order copies of Illinois vital records through VitalChek on an expedited basis.
How do I find an old obituary in Illinois?
The Internet Archive may occasionally have published books which include a collection of obituaries. To search this archive, type Illinois Obituaries in the search box.