Looking for Italian military record of ancestor

How do I find Italian military records?

A copy of the records is held at the archive of the tribunale (court). After 75 years, this copy is moved to the provincial archives and made available to the public. Each provincial archive has the records of the military district within its provincial boundaries.

How do you find out what my grandfather did in the military?

To get a copy of the vet’s military records, you can:

  1. Start a request online (then print and mail)
  2. Mail or fax a Standard Form 180 (SF-180) or a letter.

How do you find out if a relative was in the military?

Please use the Defense Manpower Data Center’s (DMDC) Military Verification service to verify if someone is in the military. The website will tell you if the person is currently serving in the military.

Where did the Italian army fight in ww2?

Italian forces invaded into Egypt, Kenya, and Sudan. In August, the Royal Army obtained the only Italian victory in World War II without German intervention when it carried out the conquest of British Somaliland.

How do I find death records in Italy?

How to Obtain Vital Records in Italy. Under Italian law, records of births, marriages, and deaths are maintained by the Registrar of Vital Statistics (Ufficio dello Stato Civile) in the city (comune or municipio) where the event occurred.

How long was military service in Italy?

8 months

Presently military service lasts 8 months, and substitute civilian service for conscientious objectors lasts 10 months.

How do I find my grandfather’s military records for free?

You can request a copy of the Veteran’s military records in any of these ways:

  1. Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). …
  2. Write a letter to the NPRC. …
  3. Visit the NPRC in person.
  4. Contact your state or county Veterans agency.

How can I find out where my grandfather served in ww2?

To find out if they have any information on your veteran, call them at 800-827-1000. If the Department of Veteran Affairs does not have any information you can try contacting the Veteran Affairs Insurance Center at 800-669-8477.

Related Post