Finding WW2 Royal Navy Records related to Glendower, Pembroke and other bases/ships?

How can I find out what Navy ship my grandfather was on?

To find out if they have any information on your veteran, call them at 800-827-1000. If the Department of Veteran Affairs does not have any information you can try contacting the Veteran Affairs Insurance Center at 800-669-8477.

How can I find out what my father did in ww2?

You can find veterans’ military service records from World War I to the present from the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). The NPRC houses many types of records, including Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF).

How do you find the name of the navy ship my father served?

To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. When submitting your request, state that you want the file for genealogical purposes and that you want the entire file.

Where was the British Navy stationed in ww2?

the Home Fleet based at various stations in the UK. the Mediterranean Fleet based in Alexandria, Egypt. the Eastern Fleet based at both the East Indies Station and China Station. the Pacific Fleet based in Sydney, Australia (this fleet was not formed until November 1944)

How do I find ww2 Royal Navy service records?

Some records are free to view but others are available on either a subscription or pay per view basis (£). The National Archives (TNA) holds most of the service records for men who served up to the 1920s. The National Museum of the Royal Navy holds some additional records at the Fleet Air Arm Museum.

Can you look up military records for free?

Generally there is no charge for basic military personnel and medical record information provided to veterans, next of kin and authorized representatives from Federal (non-archival) records. Some companies advertise DD Form 214 research services and will charge a fee for obtaining copies.

How do I find relatives military records?

If you’re the next of kin of a Veteran who has passed away

  1. Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). …
  2. Write a letter to the NPRC. …
  3. Visit the NPRC in person.
  4. Contact your state or county Veterans agency.
  5. Hire an independent researcher.

How do I find someone that was in the Navy?

There are several reasons to try to find someone in the military.
#1. Navy World Wide Locator

  1. Step 1: Call 1-866-827-5672.
  2. Step 2: Be prepared to give as much information as possible to identify the service member.
  3. Step 3: Unless you are a family member, expect to pay a search fee of $3.50.

Related Post