Are marriage records public in PA?
Are Pennsylvania Marriage Records Public Information? Yes. According to the provisions of state law, records of marriages in Pennsylvania licensed within the state’s jurisdiction are public records.
How do I look up marriage records?
Places to look for Marriage Records
- Church records of marriages.
- City and County civil registrations.
- Family Bibles and personal histories.
- Google and other web site search sites, and don’t forget to search Google Books.
- Locating United States Vital Records.
- Newspapers often listed articles about marriages.
How do I get a copy of marriage certificate in PA?
Request a marriage record by mail
- Print and fill out a marriage record request form. …
- Send your letter, research fee, and return envelope. …
- Your request will be processed. …
- Send your record fee payment and return envelope. …
- The Register of Wills will send the marriage record by mail.
How do I get a copy of my marriage certificate in Chester County PA?
Mail the request to: Marriage License Department, Chester County Justice Center, 201 W. Market Street, Suite 2200 PO Box 2746, West Chester, PA 19380.
Are marriages public record?
Marriage licenses and divorces are public records and are available to anyone that requests them. Divorce records can be sealed under certain situations.
Are Pennsylvania divorce records public?
In Pennsylvania, divorce certificates are available from the courthouse in the county where the marriage license was issued or the divorce was granted. This document is a public record, meaning it can be viewed online, but it can only be purchased by the parties or lawyers involved.
Can I get a copy of my marriage certificate online?
Obtain your marriage certificate online or by visiting the vital records government agency in the state where the wedding ceremony took place. Ordering your marriage certificate online is the easiest way to order marriage records. Find the closest vital records office, visit OnlineVitals.com.
How do I find out if someone is married?
Visit the courthouse for a marriage certificate.
Public records can be useful for finding out whether someone is married now, or what their marriage history has been in the past. Marriage records are public; you can usually see a copy for free or for a small fee.