Finding my father’s Royal Navy record for WWII?

How do I find ww2 service records UK?

Other ways to find service records

  1. the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website.
  2. the Armed Forces Memorial roll of honour.
  3. the National Archives.

How can I find out when my dad was in the Navy?

There may be a chance that there’s a photo of your father in his military personal file which is located at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. You can request his military personnel file online at:

How do you find what ship someone served on in WWII?

To find out if they have any information on your veteran, call them at 800-827-1000. If the Department of Veteran Affairs does not have any information you can try contacting the Veteran Affairs Insurance Center at 800-669-8477.

How do I find someone that was in the Navy?

How to Locate U.S. Military Personnel and Veterans

  1. By phone at 1-877-272-7337.
  2. Through an online request (You’ll first need to create an account.)
  3. Using its Hero Care app on your mobile device.

How do I find my father’s WW2 service number?

Documents and Letters

Army numbers often appear on both the envelopes and letters sent by and to the soldier. If you’re researching a relative, ask family members if they have any documents or letters relating to the soldier.

How can I find my dad’s military records?

You can request a copy of the Veteran’s military records in any of these ways:

  1. Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). …
  2. Write a letter to the NPRC. …
  3. Visit the NPRC in person.
  4. Contact your state or county Veterans agency.

Can you look up military records for free?

Generally there is no charge for basic military personnel and medical record information provided to veterans, next of kin and authorized representatives from Federal (non-archival) records. Some companies advertise DD Form 214 research services and will charge a fee for obtaining copies.

Are military records public?

Access to Records, Information for the General Public:

Without the consent of the veteran or next-of-kin, the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) can only release limited information from the Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) to the general public.

Related Post