How do I correct errors on FamilySearch org?
To the right of the field you want to edit, click Edit.
Make your correction:
- In the corresponding fields, enter the correct data.
- Select a reason for the change.
- (Optional) Enter a note to explain your change.
How do I correct records in FamilySearch?
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
- On the Family screen, tap the name of the person whose information you want to correct.
- Tap the information that you want to change and tap Edit.
- Review the reason statement. …
- Edit the information. …
- Enter a reason statement. …
- Tap Save.
How do you undo a change in FamilySearch?
On the individual’s profile page, tap the three dots in the top right corner. Tap Recent changes. If it is available, you can tap Restore to revert back to the original information.
How do I edit my family tree?
Disconnecting wrong relationships
- From any page on Ancestry®, click the Trees tab and select a tree.
- In the tree, click on the person whose relationship you want to change. …
- In the menu that appears after clicking on a person, click Profile.
- In the top-right corner, click Edit and select Edit Relationships.
How do I correct an error on ancestry com?
How To Make Corrections to Records on Ancestry.com
- Select “Add alternate information” on the record’s summary page.
- Choose the type of information you intend to correct, such as “name” or “birthplace”
- Choose the reason for the correction from the list of options.
- Type the correct information and select “Submit Alternate”
Where is settings in family search?
- Sign in to FamilySearch.
- In the upper right corner, click your name.
- Click Settings.
- Click Permissions.
- Under Relationship Viewing, select the checkbox next to “Allow others to see relationships to you, your display name, your portrait in Family Tree, if available, and any shared ancestors.”
What does indexed incorrectly mean?
You may find cases where an index does not accurately reflect the information in the original document. This kind of error can be seen in the example of Merry Christmas Jacobson in the 1930 United States census.
How do I know if my Family Tree is correct?
DNA offers the surest way to confirm the success of your genealogy research, as there is no room for human error in DNA results. Genealogy is imprecise and uncertain by nature. There is always a chance a relationship or information about an ancestor’s birth, death, marriage, or anything else is wrong.