How To Make Corrections to Records on Ancestry.com
- Select “Add alternate information” on the record’s summary page.
- Choose the type of information you intend to correct, such as “name” or “birthplace”
- Choose the reason for the correction from the list of options.
- Type the correct information and select “Submit Alternate”
How do I start over on ancestry com?
This way, you can use the information you know to find the information you don’t know.
- From any page on Ancestry, click the Trees tab and select Start a New Tree (if this is your first tree) or Create & Manage Trees > Create a new tree.
- Click Add Yourself or Add home person.
- Enter information and click Save or Continue.
How do I edit my family tree?
Disconnecting wrong relationships
- From any page on Ancestry®, click the Trees tab and select a tree.
- In the tree, click on the person whose relationship you want to change. …
- In the menu that appears after clicking on a person, click Profile.
- In the top-right corner, click Edit and select Edit Relationships.
How do I add my alternate name to ancestry?
At the top of the Facts column, click Filter and select Alternate Facts. Both the primary and alternate facts will be listed, with the alternate facts saying “Alternate.” Any gray facts listed are events in the life of their family member; to change those facts, go to that family member’s profile.
How do I delete a source on ancestry?
- From the profile page of someone in your tree, hover over a source in the Sources column.
- Click View.
- At the bottom of the screen, click REMOVE.
Can I delete my Ancestry tree and start over?
Deleting a tree you created
From any page on Ancestry, click the Trees tab and select a family tree. in the top-left corner and select Tree Settings. In the bottom-right corner of the Tree Settings page, click the Delete your tree link. Once a tree is deleted, it can’t be recovered.
Do you lose your family tree if I cancel ancestry com?
Unless you delete them, any trees you’ve created in your account will remain on the site whether or not you have a membership. As a registered guest, you’ll be able to do the following with your tree: Adding and removing people and photos. Adding, deleting, and editing names, dates, and other facts.
How do I correct mistakes on Family Search?
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
- On the Family screen, tap the name of the person whose information you want to correct.
- Tap the information that you want to change and tap Edit.
- Review the reason statement. …
- Edit the information. …
- Enter a reason statement. …
- Tap Save.
How do I edit my family tree on ancestry com?
- From any page on Ancestry®, click the Trees tab and select a family tree.
- From your tree, click the tree name menu in the top-left corner and select Tree Settings.
- At the top of the page, edit the Tree Name field and click Save Changes.